write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
File systems and mount points are often a source of confusion for users (and some administrators). Take this opportunity to describe a UNIX file system and how a mount works to attach a disk to a UNIX server.
- Discuss how the contents of a directory are impacted (and when and/or if they are available for use) when a file system is mounted on that directory.
- Discuss how a UNIX system uses the contents of the “/etc/fstab” file with respect to file systems.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with a reply of at least 100 words about their primary task response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?