DATA SCENARIO: The CEO of ABC manufacturing commissioned a study to look at the differences between the current salaries of her employees by employee job title. There were three job categories: clerical, custodial, and managerial. The study collected current salary data of the three groups and the researcher conducted a statistic and the results are presented below. Using the five steps of hypothesis testing, explain what the researcher might have done, including the appropriate analysis, and interpret the results. Are there any problems with this study? If so, explain what they are. Average Salary Clerical (n = 363)$27,838.54 Custodial (n = 27)$30,938.89 Manager (n = 84)$63,977.80 Test statistic = 434.48, p< .05
Complete the following based on this data scenario:
- Describe the research problem.
- Conduct a literature review, and locate two articles that relate to the research problem.
- Use the articles to assist in describing the problem.
- Formulate the null hypothesis and the alternative hypothesis.
- Determine if the null hypothesis should be rejected or retained, based on the results.
- Support the decision with 3-5 references from the text.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word summary paper with your results.