Option #2: Project Selection Review
Using past course texts, current suggested readings, and other scholarly resources, define the project selection process.
For your assignment, address the following in a well-written paper.
- Describe the project selection process.
- Describe the selection criteria that should be considered and why they are important.
- Describe stage gate reviews and evaluation criteria.
- Describe the differences you might see between IT projects and manufacturing projects.
- Describe two methods to support value (NPV, ROI, Payback) and assess the viability of new projects. Include why they are used, how they are calculated, and the value each adds.
Lastly, conclude with a summary for an organization that may be using your review as a guide. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these sources.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 3 pages in length.
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA.
- Include at least two scholarly sources.