Respond to the video “Ape Genius” after you have viewed it on YouTube. Be aware that it is almost an hour long, so give yourself the time to view it.
Post responses to the following questions:
- Would you argue that primates have ‘culture’?
- If so, where (if anywhere) would we draw the line between human and non-human?
- Does this research have implications for the ethical treatment of chimpanzees and other primates?
- Can we truly learn about humans through studying primates?
- If we can learn about ourselves from studying primates, on what levels?